Apprenticeships are a great opportunity to take your first step into work and enable you to learn while you earn.
We are excited to be launching our new Apprenticeship Programme for 2022. This is an opportunity for school leavers, and sometimes graduates for higher level apprenticeships, that wish to gain an accredited qualification while also gaining valuable on-the-job experience.
Apprenticeships are typically 15 to 18-months but can be up to 24-months depending on the level of the qualification undertaken. These range from tech and data to business and management related programmes, and we can also sometimes offer more specific apprenticeships.
Apprenticeship programme 2022 now closed for applications
What we offer
- work on real projects and earn a salary based on the level of internship undertaken
- be part of a cohort of apprentices and get to share your experiences together
- have a dedicated line manager who will support and mentor you, and oversee your work
- be placed on a relevant apprenticeship standard (the job description will outline which standard) and be given time to study and take assessments
- get lots of opportunities for development, including the chance to meet people from across Wellcome, hear from industry experts, attend career development workshops and participate in group volunteering days
- gain insight into how a global charity works and leave your apprenticeship with a qualification, improved skills, lots of experience and connections.
Who can apply
- not have a qualification in the subject that is more advanced than the apprenticeship standard offers
- be committed to studying alongside the role
- have the right to work in the UK.
Please check for any additional entry requirements for the learning standard you are interested in applying to.
How to apply
We are now receiving applications for our apprenticeship programme.
We recommend that you check the Participating Teams 2022 [DOCX 20KB] document for more information on which teams are offering apprenticeships this year and the Who can apply section for eligibility before applying.
Application deadline: 15 April 2022
If you have any questions regarding live programmes, please email Nicole Randal at email@example.com.
For information on upcoming programmes, please keep an eye on this page for more details throughout the year.