We make it count
- We use our talents, energy and resources in Wellcome’s best interests, to accomplish our mission of improving health.
- We make sure we know what counts as success and we focus on getting it done.
- We help each other take pride and pleasure in everything we achieve.
We act boldly
- We use our initiative to make things happen, and we take ownership of our actions.
- We enable one another to make decisions, trusting our colleagues’ skills and judgement.
- We speak up and we speak honestly, being free with our praise, open about our concerns, and willing to listen.
We stretch ourselves
- We’re always looking to improve, developing ourselves and our resilience, while keeping work and life in balance.
- We think creatively, challenging conventions if there’s a better way to get things done.
- We’re keen to try new things, in the knowledge that some will fail – and when they do, we learn and move on.
We pull together
- We value our colleagues as people and treat each other fairly, with kindness and respect.
- We collaborate across Wellcome and beyond to achieve our aims, generously sharing our time, information and expertise.
- We take action to include a diverse mix of people and draw on one another’s perspectives, backgrounds and experience.