Infection and Immunobiology Early-Career Advisory Group
This includes remits from two of our discovery advisory groups:
Its remit covers applications that aim to improve our understanding of the biology of pathogens and their vectors, and how infectious diseases are transmitted.
- infectious diseases of humans and animals
- cellular and molecular studies of pathogens and their vectors, including host-pathogen interactions
- mechanisms and emergence of drug-resistant infection
- population and evolution studies of infectious agents and their hosts
- environmental factors influencing infection, including disease ecology
- studies of microbial populations, including the microbiome.
Its remit covers applications that aim to improve our understanding of the function of the immune system in homeostasis and development, and in protecting against or promoting disease.
- molecular and cellular immunology, including tissue and barrier immunology
- systems immunology
- immune regulation and dysregulation, inflammation, allergy and autoimmunity
- immune response to infection and commensals
- immunity and disease susceptibility or resistance
- identification and early-stage development of vaccine candidates or adjuvants, immunotherapies and immunomodulators.
We will publish membership details in the autumn.