Wellcome Photography Prize judges
A panel of high-profile judges shortlist and choose the winners of the Wellcome Photography Prize.
The judges for the Wellcome Photography Prize 2021 were:
- Azu Nwagbogu, Founder and Director of African Artists' Foundation and LagosPhoto Festival
- Brett Rogers OBE, Director of The Photographers' Gallery
- Dr Charles Ogilvie, Strategy Director of COP26 and multimedia artist
- Dr Dixon Chibanda, Associate Professor at the University of Zimbabwe Clinical Research Centre, and Director of the African Mental Health Research Initiative
- Johannah Churchill RGN, Photographer and Primary Care Nurse
- Dr John Nkengasong, Director of the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
- Joycelyn Longdon, MRes and PhD at the University of Cambridge (on applications of AI to climate change), and Founder of ClimateInColour
- Dr Kateřina Šrahůlková, Psychologist and Mental Health Specialist with Médecins sans Frontières.
The judging panel was chaired by Jeremy Farrar, Director of Wellcome.