Find out how Wellcome improves health for everyone by funding research, leading policy and advocacy campaigns, and building global partnerships.
Our beliefs – why we’re here
Our beliefs provide the focus for our strategy, policy and funding decisions. They define our particular view of the world and the reason why we have a mission to change it for the better.
- We believe in the power of science to create knowledge that builds a healthier future for everyone.
- We believe science has its greatest benefits through collaborative action across society.
- We believe diversity of people and expertise leads to richer understanding and more impactful discoveries.
- We believe everyone’s experience of health matters, and everyone should be able to benefit from science.
- We believe we should take on risks and tough challenges – especially when others aren't.
Our values – how we show up
Our values guide how we behave, work and lead – both individually and as an organisation. They help define what makes Wellcome special as a place to work, and as people to work with.
- Transformative: we always strive to make a significant difference.
- Thoughtful: we consider the consequences of our actions and our impact on others.
- Inclusive: we respect all people and perspectives.
- Brave: we stand by our beliefs and push boundaries.