Common Reporting Standard tax form

If this is your or your organisation's first Wellcome award, you must complete a Common Reporting Standard (CRS) tax form.

Who needs to complete a CRS tax form 

  • Your organisation, if this is the first Wellcome award they will administer


  • You, if this is the first Wellcome grant directly awarded to you that you will administer.

How to complete a CRS tax form 

If your organisation will administer your grant, they must complete a CRS entity self-certification tax form [DOCX 142KB].

If you will administer your grant, you must complete a CRS individual self-certification tax form [DOCX 109KB].

Send the completed form, as a PDF, by:


  • post to:

Wellcome - Tax Department
Gibbs Building
215 Euston Road
London NW1 2BE.

We will not make any grant payments to you or your organisation until we have this information.

We only need to receive this information once, but you or your organisation must tell us if any of the information changes.

If you have any questions, contact our Wellcome Tax team

Why you must complete the form 

Common Reporting Standard legislation is a global initiative set up by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. It aims to catch tax evaders and criminals hiding money in foreign bank accounts and investments. Over 100 governments have agreed to share information about foreign taxpayers holding financial assets in their country.

We have to provide UK tax authorities HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) with:

  • your country of tax residence
  • your tax identification number 
  • your organisation’s category of entity according to CRS definitions
  • the amount of funds paid to you or your organisation if you’re based in a country that has agreed to share this information.

HMRC will then pass this information on to the relevant tax authorities in these countries.


Contact us 

Related content