Current practices prioritise outputs over people’s wellbeing. We want to help build a better research culture – one that is creative, inclusive and honest.
Research Funding Team
The Research Funding team:
- manages the grant application and award processes for all our funding activities
- manages Wellcome's grant application systems
- provides advice to applicants on how to apply for grants, our funding policies, and our procedures
- manages peer review and our funding committees
- supports award holders throughout their grant.
Our staff have expertise across science, public engagement and medical humanities, as well as administration, business processes, systems and policy.
If you have a question about applying for funding or managing an existing grant, contact our information officers.
If you want to discuss any of the areas listed below, contact the relevant member of staff directly.
Director of Research Funding
bullying and harassment.
Associate Director, Funding Logistics
Associate Director, Funding Management
grant and award management
peer review and funding committees.
Associate Director, Funding Operations and Governance
management of grants systems.
Discovery research leads to new insights into our life, health and wellbeing. Researchers from any background have the freedom and flexibility to ask bold and creative questions that will improve our health.