Researchers funded by the tobacco industry
There is overwhelming evidence that tobacco damages the health of smokers and non-smokers.
This is why we do not accept applications from or fund researchers who:
- have a research grant from the tobacco industry
- are applying for funding from the tobacco industry
- are employed on a research grant from the tobacco industry.
For clarity, we define the tobacco industry as any company, entity or organisation (or groups or combinations of the same) whose business other than for an insignificant part (less than 10% of its revenue), is the development, production, promotion, marketing, or sale of tobacco in any country of the world. The term also includes any companies that are a subsidiary or a holding company or affiliate of the above. This also includes E-cigarette companies and non-tobacco related companies which are fully or partially owned by the tobacco industry.
Contact our Funding Information Advisers if you have a question about funding.
- Bullying and harassment policy
- Carbon offset policy for travel
- Clinical trials policy
- Common metrics in mental health research
- Continuing professional development policy
- Data, software and materials management and sharing policy
- Overheads policy
- Research involving human participants policy
- Research misconduct
- Researchers funded by the tobacco industry
- Use of animals in research policy